Matthew

"I will cover my land"
A translation of Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson's
"Jeg vil verge mitt land"
Original: Here

I will cover my land,
I will build with my hand,
I will love it to bits by my praise, by my child,
I will strengthen its gain,
I will pick up its pain
from the borders, to call up the mystical wild.

Here is fantasy worth
to surrender to earth
only we, only we have sufficient love.
Here is artistry worth
to deliver from earth
only we will unite in the love from above.

We have gone everywhere
to regard and appear,
everywhere in the wide world a tower is found.
Though the flag, our pride,
was not given to hide,
and today it shows blush by incandescence sound.

Our future is great
since the trinity state
shall unite once again, shall agreement endow.
Your commitment command
in the nearest demand,
it shall destiny find by the prosperous flow.

This asterisk is our.
We love it by the hour,
what it was, what it is, what it prospers to be.
And as love grows trefoil
from the national soil
once again this imprint shall be causality.

No comments: